Friday 5 March 2010




Here's one of yesterday's cards. Tree made from Nestabilities shapes and the owl is part of a stamp set by Dovecraft. And just so we're clear - it is an owl, standing on a branch. Not a sheep. Or a frog. Because I don't have the imagination to put anything other than a bird in a tree, see. Other stamps by Hero Arts and papers from Basic Grey and Core'dinations.
It's Ludgershall Crop tomorrow. You will probably understand when I tell you that I turned the computer on about an hour and half ago, ostensibly to print some photos. Haven't been off the web yet, so suddenly the time thing is going to be an issue again! How come this interweb thing - which I so enjoy - means that every other job, chore or 'thing' ends up being done in a hurry? I don't get it. I thought that having a baby was the biggest soaker-upper of time ever in the world. But she was born pre-internet-in-nearly-every-house. Imagine how neglected they'd be if I had babies now! Or would I just be a really media savvy well informed Mum? Hmmm, no need to answer that. I wanted to thank you for your responses to my iPhone lunacy - I really need you to understand the lunacy part of it. Like: unless I suddenly move into a job that involves a public transport type of commute, I know that I won't ever use it as an MP3 player. I already know too that I won't use the 'notes' section. Like: at this stage I can't see my downloading an 'App' for anything. Like: the keyboard's small-ish and hugely touch sensitive-ness is already driving me nuts. I will definitely go on doing what I always did - phoning and messaging. Because that's really all I 'need' it for. And in case you thought that having the iPhone is all about me showing off to you - no, definitely not. The showing off part was the almost loving, romantic part of the acquisition...not the actual 'objet'. It's about letting me think I am cool. And I know that you are generous enough to allow me this delusion.
Have a super weekend.

15 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for making me smile Julia. Love how you talk about your new phone.
Lovely card by the way :-)
A x

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab card, love this loads...have fun tomorrow...and I know what you mean about this t'internet taking up so much time LOL

Paige said...

FAb Tree!!! I love the paper and the distressed edges of the inner scallop. neat idea :) and the pups! yes they squeek!!! they sound just like sweep of the sooty show :) so so sweet!

Kathy said...

Fab. Though I'll admit it, I did wonder about the sheep in the tree......

Kaz said...

Fab card - I love that owl. Have fun tomorrow - if you ever get off the net!
You have reminded me that I need to select some photos to print - I have gone on the pc every day this week to do it and forgotten every time xxx

Handmade with Love said...

Fantastic card, I love trees and had not thought about using a nestie to make one! Hope you are enjoying your phone, your nattering does make me laugh! Have a great weekend. Tracey x

Net said...

Love your little critter in the tree Julia. Now I managed to do my desk for you... ;))

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love the card Julia, great use of the nestabilities shapes :)
Anne xx

CoventryAnn said...

Love the card!!!!

Unknown said...

Julia - great card with the OWL on it!!!

Just to let you know that i've got an award on my blog - you don't need to display or owt - just as long as you know that this is the first time i've had one at a different time from you enabling me at last to give you one (that phrase never come across right does it LOL).

Paula x x x

Angie said...

I know what you mean about time just being absorbed ....I often go on the net late and only when I realize that my eyes are sore, do I realize that I have lost a couple of hours. Same happens if I shut myself away to play with stash and noone is in the house, as happened to day ....I opened the door to numerous staring eyes ...I think they would have opened their own tins if they could.

Carmen said...

Love the tree Julia, very pretty and the owl that baaaaaas too :P

Unknown said...

Love the card Julia ... I hope all was well at the crop X

Donna said...

You do make me smile everytime I read you! Glad you made it clear it WAS an owl! LOL!!! Neglected Babies....I'm still wetting myself!
Wonderful card Julia, loving the idea of using Nesties for a tree.
Donna x

Charlie said...

To me your COOL - SUPER COOL - even without your new toy. I love to read your blog and it sure improves my English - GEE you know some COOL words lady!!! Super cute card - I love that tree. And BTW I feel COOL today too - as I just saw one of my cards featured at Quickutz homepage as pick of the week - well I thought it was just up there as part of a random thing - but it's been there all day and more than 200 people saw it. WAUWW