Thursday 1 April 2010

8 months till Christmas.

I thought it a better title than 'It's April!' because I'm pretty sure you already know that. And probably like me, you're pretty shocked at how quickly the weeks are turning into months. Here we are, fairly entrenched in 2010 and I'm not used to it yet. Gah! Getting old. The calendar LO isn't an April Fool, so much as an April Foolish. I thought I'd do myself and a few others a favour and use a few flowers. That'll be about a month's worth, surely!

As we're gearing up for a lovely long weekend (at least), I thought we could collectively do a recommendation blog post - if we're all out and about getting fresh air, being outdoorsy, investing time enjoying our families, it's only fair that we reward ourselves. So if you know of a lovely craft shop that will be open at any stage of the holidays, tell us about it. Then we can plan our days out and erm, act surprised when the DH or the children say 'look Mummy, there's a craft shop!' as they are so well trained to do.
So I'll start with a couple, please add yours in the comments.

Kraft Crazy, Station Road, Tidworth, Hants 01980 844010:Open on Saturday, closed Bank Hols and open normal hours during week. Ring ahead to double check. Definitely worth a visit - stocked and up to date. Tell Shopkeeper Gal you know me. She'll probably laugh.
Abercardabra, Baker Street, Aberystwyth 01970 626119: Open Good Friday and Saturday as normal, closed on BHol Monday, check other hours with Welsh Shopkeeper Gal. Of course a well stocked and charming shop, and about 200 yards from the seaside. How damn perfect is that. You can tell her you know me, she'll probably laugh.

Have a beautiful restful colourful cheerful and spring like weekend, won't you?

15 comments:

Annie said...

Love your calendar Julia. Hope you have a wonderful Easter too.
A x

Twiglet said...

Oo-er spooky - I don't usually follow Wipso round blogs but here I am just a few minutes later! Hope the weather pics up so we can enjoy being out and about. Wipso and I enjoy a quick turn round Percy Thrower's garden centre in Shrewsbury. A well stocked craft area - lots of stuff for you brill card makers!

Twiglet said...

Forgot to say - Happy Easter Julia and thanks for bringing us all together - you have a really great gang on the WOYWW trail!

Kaz said...

Oh shush with the 'C' word!!! It's way too scary.
Love the calendar and the idea of naming crafty shops that are open. I wouldn't know of any as I do 99% of my shopping online - so mine are always open, it's just the delivery!! xxx

misteejay said...

Happy Easter...I usually get nagged on my blog if I mention the "C" word too early LOL

Toni :o)

Sandra said...

oohhh so exciting that C word, how I just love it :) ...sorry, no one is going to talk to me again, now are the LOL

Happy Easter to you - I sadly won't be venturing out to any yummy craft shops - today the doctor has told me I have to stay home as I have Chicken Pox! stop laughing will you LOL

Angie said...

Bah Humbug ...do not mention that word ...I want the past 3 months back so I can start my life again and get the things done I was supposed to do.
Not sure about the craft shops ...not sure about anything holiday wise up here ...we dont seem to follow the nornal ones and have odd local ones thrown in ...It is rare that anything is closed for a whole day ever ...except if they have actually closed down ! xx

Ann said...

I saw your post title and said 'Noooooo'.
I really do not want to be reminded, Julia, that time is passing so fast! Don't you dare mention that word again until at least July.

Kathy said...

I can't believe you used all those flowers! How many weeks of "thinking about it" has it taken? They do look perfect for your April calendar, the blue background reminds me of the bright blue sky we had this morning - for about an hour before the hailstones and pouring rain arrived!

Carmen said...

What the what? 8 months? Surely not! Blimming better start making my pressies then!

You've just reminded me I haven't changed my calendar yet! Oops!

kelly said...

Thanks for the reminder about Christmas Julia!!!!

Love the Calender

Kelly x

Unknown said...

out and about this easter????? I wish. I'm going stir crazy stuck to the sofa or in bed because of my limitations... however, things have improved so may even get OH to drive me around Chatsworth and Bakewell tomorrow which are on my doorstep... that takes no effort and he'll be happy that i can't get out to a craft anything... Happy Easter and hope you get out and about to buy lots of lovely stash...

Paula x x x

Unknown said...

after all that, I forgot to tell you I have an award for you... on my blog waiting to be picked up...

Paula x x x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Agh! no no no! Don't do that again - please ;)
Happy Easter :)Pretty page and I yes it's a least a month's worth hehe
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

I love all those teeny flowers!! I posted some pics of my new workspace if you'd fancy a peek at my new bits and bobs :) Happy Easter!!