Thursday 30 October 2014

Quietfire and Christmas

Well I had to really, didn't I?  I was quite insensible over the choice over at Quietfire Design, and consider myself to have been very strong indeed in choosing only two from so many beautiful Christmas related texts.

I may be late to the Kraft party, but this year I've used it more than ever, and see no sign of stopping! This card features the Tidings text and a die by Sizzix under the Tim Holtz signature line.  The papers are from a single set called Krafty Christmas by Dovecraft.  
I coloured the edges of the tag and the gingham paper with light touches of Vintage Photo Distress Ink (off a sponge), the text is embossed with Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder, Blue Raspberry Aurora.  I can't say that word. Aurora.
I stuck the gems on one at a time, they are from an old pack that I can't identify...and you can tell that I didn't have a template!


See what I mean - Kraft and Red again!  LOVE this cheeky message! Here's a Dolly Mama stamp from Penny Black, stamped and embossed with White powder.  I cut her out but left a decent margin around her...to allow the image to stand out a bit and to avoid too much swearing over the fussy cut job I'd given myself!  She's coloured with sponges and various Distress Inks( before cutting out)...no careful colouring here - if I want to repeat this card, the cutting has to be the only slow part!  The Kraft mat is embossed with a plaid folder from Design Objectives (DO Crafts) and the printed stock is by My Mind's Eye....the ruled print is the other side of the pattern print, so only one piece was harmed for the making of this card. I've given her gobbly eyes too...well, she is trying to hide a fib after all.  The text is embossed with WOW Red powder.  The quality of the lettering and the rubber means that these Quietfire stamps are a gift to emboss, and that in my opinion, shows them at their best on an otherwise busy card. 




13 comments:

Chrysalis said...

Ok Mrs D, I give up - what's the secret?! You manage to hold down a job, family, organise and keep up with visits to WOYWW desks, AND produce fantastic cards like these!! I've just managed finishing a visit to all the desks, no housework or crafting done, and Mum waiting for her lunch. You are one amazing lady! Have a great week, Chris x PS I have to say they're both lovely but the deer is my favourite.

Kim said...

So you know I had to say Aurora a few times-just to see!!!
While I wear that color combo all the time (love khaki's on casual days!) I don't think I've ever used it on a card...Love them both! The deer especially! Thanks for sharing.

Monica said...

Interesting cards and I do like the Dolly Mamma stamp

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards Julia. Well done you!
Lynda B

itsamistry said...

The colour combination works really well so why not use it. I love the text on the first card and the cheeky image on the second card. Anita

Helen said...

I still don't know if I really "get" the whole Kraft thing, but your cards are gorgeous!! The first text is wonderful.. I will NOT get any more Christmas stamps, I will NOT...

misteejay said...

Lovely cards Julia. I'm rather fond of Kraft card and love how you have used it on these two makes.
Toni xx

Hettie said...

I do like your cards there Miss D! That text on the first one is gorgeous. I do like kraft but not quite to the extent that some seem to. It is an option not an obsession with me.
Hugs
xx

Kelly said...

I think Kraft and red is one of my favorite combinations. I use the combo a lot during Valentine's, too. Just a vintage kind of gal. Pretty card! Creative Blessings!

Robyn said...

Lovely! must revisit this kraft thing- don't seem to have nay under my rock!!!
thanks again so much for coming out to play with us at Quietfire Design!
Keep those cards coming!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Julia your comment made my day and had to pop over and say so. Have often shopped metaphorically speaking at Quietfire I really love their calligraphic scripted stamps one day will actually get some!! Two great cards Shaz in Oz.x

Ali H said...

Hi Julia
You mentioned on my WOYWW blog this week how much you liked the Holly stamps - thought you might want to know that they are free with Simply Homemade this past month (still in Tesco's this morning) - the set is brilliant quality & fab stamps & you get a matching embossing folder too. Well worth buying the mag for ! Just thought you might want to know ! Love Ali H

Anonymous said...

[url=http://allopurinol-100mg.cricket/]allopurinol 100mg tablet[/url] [url=http://augmentin-875.webcam/]augmentin 875 mg tablet[/url] [url=http://buycymbalta.click/]buy cymbalta[/url] [url=http://generic-lexapro.eu/]generic lexapro cost[/url] [url=http://tretinoin.club/]tretinoin[/url] [url=http://baclofen10mg.party/]10mg baclofen[/url]